1/2 Photos of Hearty Minestrone
This is a great vegetarian meal in itself. Add a panini or grilled cheese to the side for those two-handed eaters in your house. Small shaped pasta such as orzo or ditalini work best, but you can experiment with others. I find the flavors meld overnight and even tastes better as left-overs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth or 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta, dry or 1/2 cup orzo pasta or 1/2 cup ditalini, is suggested
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen vegetables, Italian Blend is suggested
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaf
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 1Bring broth, beans, and tomatoes to boil in large saucepan.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- 3Add onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 5Stir in broth mixture and pasta and simmer until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 6Stir in vegetables and basil and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Minestrone
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.5
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 392.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth