White Bean Minestrone
photo by PanNan
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb potato, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 2 1/2 oz.)
- Cook onion, celery, and carrots in oil, over med-high heat in a large saucepan, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water plus all remaining ingredients, except for cheese.
- Cover and let boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, welcome to my page! I love to cook and bake, but most of all I love to eat! There are so many great recipes on Recipezaar, I try to make at least one new recipe a week, if not more. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">