Another one of my favorite soups. Recipe is from Betty Crocker with a few slight changes.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 1 1/4 cups chicken broth or 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni or 1/2 cup broken spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon (dry)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook and stir ground beef, onion and garlic in Dutch oven until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese; break tomatoes with fork.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until macaroni is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was wonderful. I did make a couple of changes because of what I had on hand and didn't really want to go to the store for a couple of things that could be substituted (thank you C19). I used frozen okra instead of the zucchini and pinto beans instead of kidney beans. Mostly because I did not have any zucchini on hand, and hubby and I do not like kidney beans. I used ditalini for the pasta. Hubby (and I) both really loved the okra in this. Soooo good!!Reply
Excellent soup! And fast to throw together. I made mine vegetarian by omitting the ground beef, using veggie broth/bouillon, and adding veggie burger crumbles at the end. I didn't have any zucchini, so I thew in some frozen peas for something green. I also added extra Italian Seasoning. THANKS for posting this!Reply
A lovely, hearty meal-in-a-bowl soup that we enjoyed for our dinner tonight. I took note of the other reviewer and added 2 teaspoons of Mexican chilli powder and a slug of Tabasco. I discovered I only had creamed corn (worked fine) and used a 14 ounce can of that and the same of red kidney beans as there seemed to be more liquid than beans in my can. I'm looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow.Reply
see 3 more