- Ready In:
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano (or 1/2 t. dried)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup dried great northern beans (pre-soaked overnight, drained) or 1 cup cannellini beans (pre-soaked overnight, drained)
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 8 ounces swiss chard, stemmed and leaves sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta (such as ditalini, tubettini, or mini elbows)
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh basil
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Microwave onion, garlic, oil, oregano, and red pepper flakes in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir broth, tomato sauce, soaked beans, and carrots into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until beans are tender, 9-11 hours on LOW or 5-7 hours on HIGH.
- Stir in zucchini, chard, and pasta; cover and cook on HIGH until vegetables and pasta are tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in basil; season with salt and pepper to taste; serve with Parmesan cheese and additional olive oil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!