Sandi in San Diego's Note:
I don't remember where this came from, but about 25 years ago I was given this recipe and it has become one of our family favorites. Go ahead, add your own family's favorites to this wonderful soup. More of this, less of that. Ahhh, comforting and yummmm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1Cook ground beef and onion in a 4 quart Dutch oven, stirring frequently, until beef if brown.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese.
- 4Break up tomatoes, heat to boiling, then reduce heat.
- 5Cover and simmer about 15 minutes, stir occasionally, until macaroni is tender.
- 6Top with cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Hamburger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 233.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: