4 hrs 45 mins
This is based on a recipe for minestrone soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb dried white bean (whatever kind you like)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large red onions, peeled and diced
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 lb potato, skin on, cut in large chunks
- 1 lb boneless beef rib, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 quart beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb swiss chard, cut into 1/2 inch shreds, stems and all (or use shredded or chunked cabbage)
- 2 cups uncooked small macaroni noodles
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Rinse the beans, put in a small pot and cover with cold water.
- 2Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, until tender.
- 3In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 4Add the onions and cook until tender, but now browned. Lower the heat if necessary.
- 5While the onions are cooking, prepare the carrots and potatoes, and add each to the pot when they are ready.
- 6Stir to coat the vegetables with oil, and saute until the onions are tender and the vegetables just start to brown.
- 7Add the beef and continue cooking until the beef is cooked and the liquid has cooked away.
- 8Stir in the garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- 9Add enough broth to cover the mixture by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered for 2 to 4 hours.
- 10When almost ready to serve, bring the soup back to a boil and add the macaroni, beans and chard.
- 11Cook until the macaroni is tender.
- 12Serve with parmesan sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup With Greens
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.7
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 373.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: