Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A low fat, high protein shrimp dish for those who are health conscience.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add onions, celery, green onion, garlic, bell pepper and seasonings. Saute until tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and Tabasco. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add raw, peeled shrimp and simmer until shrimp are cooked.
- Serve with brown rice.