Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These make a great breakfast, or dessert. My son loves these. The recipe is slightly changed but I think it originally came from The Wisconsin Gardener Cookbook #2. If my note on the recipe card is correct :)It's a great way to get healthy stuff into the kids.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup grated apple
- 1⁄3 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄3 cup grated yam
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat free sugar free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2⁄3 cup powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons dried blueberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (optional)
- Grease a muffin pan (12), and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in order of the recipe. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Pour into muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes, or until light brown.