Recipe by FirstChoiceHealthyFoods
If you love hot and spicy you will love this chili. Adjust chili powder and chipotle pepper for spiciness.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 4 chipotle peppers, in chile en adobo sauce
- 14.79-29.58 ml adobo sauce
- 566.99 g ground turkey
- 340.19 g low sodium chicken broth
- 850.48 g whole canned tomatoes
- 411.06 g kidney beans
- 411.06 g black beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, chili powder, and oregano. Stir for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, chipotle peppers, and adobe sauce; cook 1 minute.
- Add turkey, breaking it up and cooking until the meat loses its raw color, about 8 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and simmer until reduced by about half; about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, crushing them through your fingers into skillet along with their juices and beans.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered, stir occasionally until thick, about 10 minutes.