Stout Turkey Chili
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 whole pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 whole onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 5 1⁄4 ounces tomato puree
- 7 1⁄2 ounces dark red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 7 1⁄2 ounces sweet corn (drained and rinsed)
- 7 1⁄4 ounces chicken broth
- 6 ounces stout beer (I used Guinness)
- 1 tablespoon dark chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄8 cup masa corn flour
- 1 pint stout beer
- In pot, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion, garlic and saute for about 5 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add turkey and cook, do not drain fat.
- Add tomato puree, beans and corn.
- Stir in broth and 6 oz. beer.
- Stir in chili, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir in molasses.
- If the chili is too thick, add 1/4 cup masa flour into equal amounts of water then stir into chili.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- If desired, top off with the cheese.
- Oh, and for the pint of stout -- drink it while cooking dummy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!