Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a very fresh tasting casserole that is easy to put together. I use a purchased rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to make it even faster.
Top Review by kolleen1021
I made this with skinless boneless chicken breasts that I cooked up quickly in a saute pan with olive oil and a little garlic powder. I made it once as posted and we loved it. However, my BF asked me to double the spinach the next time, which I did. Good choice if you want to increase the veggies or stretch this dish a bit. Excellent flavor, low-card, and lean-protein: a winning combo in my house.
- 1 skinless chicken, cooked, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spinach according to package directions, eliminating salt; drain.
- Mix onions with spinach.
- Arrange spinach in bottom of 1 1/2 quart baking dish; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp
- of the garlic powder.
- Arrange mushrooms on spinach and drizzle with melted margarine.
- Place chicken on mushrooms and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 tsp of the garlic powder.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place in 350°F oven and bake for 30 minutes.