Chicken Potato Au Gratin
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 store-bought rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Spray a casserole dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Now, get ready to tear that bird apart! Take off the skin and separate the meat from the bones, tearing into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the garlic, sour cream, 1/4 cup of the milk, onion, peas and mustard.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the dish; top with half the chicken, then half the sour cream mixture.
- Repeat layers and then top with remaining third of the potatoes.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup of milk over all; sprinkle with romano cheese.
- Mix the butter with the bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in 375 degree oven about 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe just didn't work. I did everything as written and had to cook it an hour and a half and the potatoes were still raw and very dry. I think this recipe lacked moisture. I sliced my potatoes VERY thin but they were dry and raw. It seemed something about this recipe was missing. Maybe it was supposed to be covered.... I don't know. I had to throw it away and make something else for dinner.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 37 year-old American living in Georgia. I'm a flight attendant. I still prefer "stewardess". <a href="http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/flying%20stuff/?action=view¤t=JFK_traffic.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/flying%20stuff/JFK_traffic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> I'm not home as often as I would like to be; but on my days off, you can nearly always find me happily buried in the kitchen. I am engaged to a wonderful man, who is an exceptional artist. Here's a taste: <a href="http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/?action=view¤t=Bunnicula_by_SPOOKYCOpng.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/Bunnicula_by_SPOOKYCOpng.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> Gives a whole new meaning to the thought of having rabbit, doesn't it? Well, he's a big fan of eating, so I decided to marry him on October 27th, 2008. <a href="http://media.photobucket.com/image/wedding%20bouquet/happyeverafterweddings/bouquet.jpg?o=81" target="_blank"><img src="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn176/happyeverafterweddings/bouquet.jpg"></a> We love to watch zombie movies late at night, eat banana pancakes for breakfast, and watch the sunset on the deck while I have a vodka. My darling likes to call this "Playing Russian Spy Flight Attendant". <a href="http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/flying%20stuff/?action=view¤t=399592674_113be463f8_o.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/flying%20stuff/399592674_113be463f8_o.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> My prize possessions include my collection of flight attendant wings, my great grandmother's antique star sapphire ring, my Audrey Hepburn Swarovski clutch, and my zombie doll Lenore. <a href="http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/?action=view¤t=Lenore-1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/Lenore-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>