Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like to eat healthy and stay fit. So I created a healthier way of making tacos!
Make and share this Healthy Beef Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 small green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 whole grain tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄2 cup light mozzarella cheese
- cilantro (optional)
- Cook ground beef on med low in cast iron pan, add chopped onions and garlic and stir.
- Stir in sea salt and black pepper and let cook through.
- Add green pepper sliced thinly.
- Stir in the rest of the seasoning, then add 1 tbsp of broth or water and simmer for 10 minutes on low.
- Use a non stick frying pan turn on to medium heat. place tortilla (I use frozen brown rice wraps) and let warm up for about 30-60 seconds, flip over and quickly sprinkle about a tbsp shredded cheese and then spoon ground beef mixture on top. Fold wrap in half and press down with spatula for a second, then remove from pan. Top with 1 tbsp plain yogurt(I use greek), salsa (I use organic), two small slices of avocado, and cilantro.
- You can also substitute beef for ground chicken or turkey.