Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from a friend. The muffins are moist, taste great, and they freeze well.
Make and share this Hawaiian Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jarsalted roasted chopped macadamia nuts (about 1 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted & cooled butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl combine first 4 dry ingredients.
- Stir in rest of dry ingredients; mixing to coat.
- In another bowl mix together the wet mix ingredients.
- Add wet mix ingredients to dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans and bake at 400ºF for 15-20 minutes or until tests clean.
- Makes 12.
- These muffins freeze well.
Very nice muffins! I substituted applesauce for butter and they still tasted great. I also subbed 1/2 tsp of coconut flavoring for 1/2 tsp of vanilla, to increase the coconutiness (is that a word?). I'm keeping this recipe to use again! Thanks Miss Annie for some great muffins!