Banana & Apple Oatmeal Muffins
These muffins are moist and delicious! I also like to serve them with cream cheese frosting!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, bananas, apple and honey; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Substitutes: 2-1/2 Ripe Bananas 2 Organic Fuji Apples 1-1/2 cups of Trader Joe's Ancient Grains Super Seed Oats 1 cup of Trader Joe's Gluten Free All Purpose Flour 1/3 cup of sugar abt 1/2 cup honey - eyeball it for less mess Additions: 1 cup of Walnut Pieces 1/2 cup of Trader Joe's Toasted Pecan Pieces Buttered the muffin pan and cooked for 28 minutes until Golden Brown.Reply
I decided last year to not give out 5 stars unless it is outstandingly delicious and these are. I followed directions all the way to the final10 min colling and am very pleased. They are sweet as mentioned in another review, so next time I may reduce honey to 1/2 C and sugar to 1/3 C. If you like sweet, make as written. These are gift giving quality. Thank you!Reply
see 4 more