- 2 cups minced cooked chicken meat
- 1⁄3 cup minced celery
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 well drained pineapple rings
- 6 large round crusty rolls
- 1⁄3 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix chicken meat, celery, mayonnaise and pecans.
- Salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Slice tops off rolls and remove bread from center (save to make breadcrumbs for another recipe).
- Fill rolls with the chicken mixture, place a pineapple ring on top, then sprinkle with cheddar.
- Broil 4 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes until hot and cheese melts.