Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Something a little different for a weekend lunch.
Make and share this Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix chicken meat, celery, mayonnaise and pecans.
- Salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Slice tops off rolls and remove bread from center (save to make breadcrumbs for another recipe).
- Fill rolls with the chicken mixture, place a pineapple ring on top, then sprinkle with cheddar.
- Broil 4 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes until hot and cheese melts.
Very good and easy to make! I used 3-4 slices of deli ham (on sale..)and left out the pecans. Served with fresh fruit and dip, and chedder slices. My whole family loved it. I'll definately make this one again.
Try this on toasted onion rolls, and marinate the chicken in Teriyaki. Added Provelone what a sandwich . WOW.
I scaled this back for 2 rolls (medium wholemeal/wholegrain), though I didn't hollow them out just split them in half and piled the mixture onto one half, though I would have used about 3/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese between the two instead of the 1/8 cup for two and put in under the grill/broiler till the cheese melted and toasted the exposed half of the roll. The DM thoroughly enjoyed hers but I when making again I would add a sprinkle of hot paprika to the cheese to give a little zing. Thank you *Pixie* and AZPARZYCH for the recommendation, made for I Recommend.