Recipe by Becky in Wisconsin
I haven't made this in a long time. I can't even remember where I got the recipe. Hope you all enjoy.
Top Review by CharJoyLet
We really enjoyed this. I had gotten some nice boneless pork loin (sliced) on sale so I used that in place of actual "chops" - they really came out tender, moist and tasty! And I think next time I should use smaller potatoes. I used 4 large ones and barely had enough room to fit everything in my largest skillet! LOL Made for PAC- Spring 2009 and will definitely be making again.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 pork chops, 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, beat eggs & milk until blended.
- Place crumbs on waxed paper or in pie plate.
- Dip chops into egg mixture, then into crumbs to coat on each side.
- In large skillet, heat oil over med. heat.
- Add three chops & cook until browned on each side. Remove and keep warm. Cook remaining 3 chops. Again, removing and keeping warm.
- Add potatoes, onions and peppers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chops on top of potatoes.
- Cover and reduce heat to med. low.
- Cook about 50 minutes. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Raise heat and cook potatoes until browned.
- Serve with chops.