I haven't made this in a long time. I can't even remember where I got the recipe. Hope you all enjoy.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs & milk until blended.
- Place crumbs on waxed paper or in pie plate.
- Dip chops into egg mixture, then into crumbs to coat on each side.
- In large skillet, heat oil over med. heat.
- Add three chops & cook until browned on each side. Remove and keep warm. Cook remaining 3 chops. Again, removing and keeping warm.
- Add potatoes, onions and peppers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chops on top of potatoes.
- Cover and reduce heat to med. low.
- Cook about 50 minutes. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Raise heat and cook potatoes until browned.
- Serve with chops.
We really enjoyed this. I had gotten some nice boneless pork loin (sliced) on sale so I used that in place of actual "chops" - they really came out tender, moist and tasty! And I think next time I should use smaller potatoes. I used 4 large ones and barely had enough room to fit everything in my largest skillet! LOL Made for PAC- Spring 2009 and will definitely be making again.
~PAC Spring 2008~ Delicious meal!! This was great comfort food. Who wouldn't love crispy potatoes served alongside tender, juicy pork chops?! The best part - it was all done in one pan with little effort. Once you cover the pan and turn down the heat, it's a hands-free 50 minutes of cooking. I would suggest turning the burner to low instead of med. low (at least on my cooktop) so the pork chops don't get too done. Thanks for the yummy dinner. We'll definitely be making this again!