The Best Goulash
photo by dksmrs5_13034113
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 package ground beef or 1 package turkey
- 1 medium onion
- 1 -2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 -2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground meat in skillet with onions and garlic.
- Drain fat from meat.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, tomatoes, tomato sauce and frozen corn.
- While the meat is cooking, boil the macaroni until almost done.
- Drain water from macaroni and stir into meat mixture Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Pour enough mixture to cover bottom of dish and then sprinkle with cheese; add another layer of meat and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts and casserole is bubbling (approximately 40 minutes).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good! I don't like corn in my goulash so I omitted that. I also added in a bit of garlic powder after the meat was done cause I felt like it needed a bit more garlic. I also threw in a little bit of oregano. It's not even out of the oven yet but just eating it before it went it - it was very yummy! Thanks!
see 5 more reviews
My family liked this meal the other night. I was looking for something I could make with the little means I had in the house that night and this fit the bill. I did substitute egg noodles for the macaroni because it is all I had on hand. But the family enjoyed it. My husband really enjoyed it. Thank you.