Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here is my newest weapon in my war against the high sodium content of the menu at most fast-food restaurants and at many diners. And these taste better too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled and shredded potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup onions, minced (optional) or 1⁄2 cup shredded onion (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute or egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (or other seasoning to taste)
- Combine potatoes, egg substitute or eggs, water and All-Purpose Original Blend Mrs. Dash in medium bowl; mix well.
- In non-stick skillet or on griddle place approximately ¼ cup potato mixture; press with spatula to about 4 inches in diameter.
- Cook over medium or medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
Another super recipe, Miller. I mixed in a little grated Swiss cheese and spiced them with lemon pepper, so they were still low salt. The whole family said they're great.
Great recipe. I used a potato ricer to get all of the water out of the potatoes. When you use the ricer on raw shredded potatoes, the raw potatoes WON'T come through the bottom, but the water will. ....... I also formed mine into patties and baked them. I experimented with a temp of 400 for about 30 mins. I covered cookie sheet with non stick aluminum foil. ....... They came out really well and I will freeze for kids to have something quick in the morning. I also put this recipe into my recipe organizing software to determine the nutrition information!! ......Thanks!
Tasted great. We made the mistake of only adding 1 egg... I think that's why they didn't stick together for us.