Recipe by LiisaN
My co-worker brought this in to work one morning! Yummy!! The onion-garlic croutons made for a terrific taste and the soup - made it taste like a country gravy. Great for holidays or overnight guest breakfasts! Prep time does not include the overnight time.
- 3 cups onion garlic-flavored croutons
- 2 lbs sausage, precooked and drained (or 2 c diced ham)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Layer croutons, then sausage or ham, then eith the 2 cups cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, prepared mustard and salt.
- Pour this over the croutons, meat, cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, mix together the soup and 1/2 cup milk- pour over everything.
- Top with the thawed hash browns.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.