Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My co-worker brought this in to work one morning! Yummy!! The onion-garlic croutons made for a terrific taste and the soup - made it taste like a country gravy. Great for holidays or overnight guest breakfasts! Prep time does not include the overnight time.
- 3 cups onion garlic-flavored croutons
- 2 lbs sausage, precooked and drained (or 2 c diced ham)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Layer croutons, then sausage or ham, then eith the 2 cups cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, prepared mustard and salt.
- Pour this over the croutons, meat, cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, mix together the soup and 1/2 cup milk- pour over everything.
- Top with the thawed hash browns.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
Great! I used only 1 lb of sausage, and added two more eggs. Browned it off for 15 extra minutes at 375. Delightful - thanks!
Our Freezer Cooking Group made this for a traveling youth group passing through our area. They gave rave reviews for the meal!! We made this the day before and then put it in the fridge so they could reheat individual portions as they needed it. Thanks for a great recipe!!