Recipe by Tammi Hutton
My mom used to make this. It is easy and can be made the night before if you are having company.
Top Review by Pawsfurthought
Ok, so I like to think of myself as creative in the kitchen, but creative or not, I'm usually in a hurry, and when I'm in a hurry, I miss steps. That said, I added pork sausage which I cooked with diced onions instead of bacon, and beat the eggs with about 2 T Frank's Hot Sauce. That was the creative part. The hurried part come in when I tell you I forgot to beat the milk in with the eggs (so I poured it over the top before baking) and misread the instructions and added the cheese to the top before baking (so I covered with foil for 40 minutes, and uncovered the last 10). Creativity and hurriedness aside, this came out great! It set up really nicely, but then I also used shredded potatoes and not cubes, which made have made a difference. DH ate two big helpings, and even DS ate a little - he is the pickiest person ever! Thanks for posting, will be making this again soon!!!
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup of cheese and salt.
- Spoon into 13 x 9 x 2 greased baking dish.
- In a bowl beat eggs and milk until smooth: pour over hash brown mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45-50 mintes or until golden.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Yields 8 servings.