Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My mom used to make this. It is easy and can be made the night before if you are having company.
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 dash paprika
- In large bowl, combine hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup of cheese and salt.
- Spoon into 13 x 9 x 2 greased baking dish.
- In a bowl beat eggs and milk until smooth: pour over hash brown mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45-50 mintes or until golden.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Yields 8 servings.
Ok, so I like to think of myself as creative in the kitchen, but creative or not, I'm usually in a hurry, and when I'm in a hurry, I miss steps. That said, I added pork sausage which I cooked with diced onions instead of bacon, and beat the eggs with about 2 T Frank's Hot Sauce. That was the creative part. The hurried part come in when I tell you I forgot to beat the milk in with the eggs (so I poured it over the top before baking) and misread the instructions and added the cheese to the top before baking (so I covered with foil for 40 minutes, and uncovered the last 10). Creativity and hurriedness aside, this came out great! It set up really nicely, but then I also used shredded potatoes and not cubes, which made have made a difference. DH ate two big helpings, and even DS ate a little - he is the pickiest person ever! Thanks for posting, will be making this again soon!!!
The family really liked this. Was easy to put together. Will make again. Thank-you.
I'll say that my husband really liked this and loved that it was breakfast all in one pan. And I liked that it was simple to make but the hashbrowns didn't really taste "done".