Overnight Tex-Mex Egg Bake
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 12 ounces bulk spicy pork sausage
- 5 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes, from 32 ounce bag
- 1 cun 4 . 5 ounces chopped green chili, undrained
- 3 cups colby monterey jack cheese, shredded (12 ounces)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salsa
- Spray 13X9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 10 inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Spread frozen potatoes in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sausage, green chiles and 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk and salt with fork or wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour over potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours, but no longer than 12 hours.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Bake uncovered 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes,.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve with Salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"