Recipe by mielhollinger
The classic combination of these herbs bring flavor and life to this delicious bread. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup shopped nuts (optional)
- egg substitute (to equal 1 egg)
- 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the marjoram, oregano, basil, thyme, raisins, nuts, egg replacer, sweetener, oil, vinegar and milk.
- Mix together gently until just mixed.
- Spoon into lightly oiled loaf pan and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.