1/9 Photos of Hangover Poached Eggs
Bill Hilbrich's Note:
Two yellow orbs, surrounded by white in a sea of red. Been there, done that. This is an ehanced and scaled down variation of Poached Eggs in Catsup posted by Darlene Summers. A little tartness has been added to counter the sweet catsup and extra liquid was added to accommodate cooking smaller portions in a standard frying pan. Some people might want to add just a dash of hot sauce. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the catsup, vinegar and water in a frying pan with a tight fitting lid.
- 2Heat over medium flame until the liquid starts to bubble.
- 3Add the butter and stir until melted.
- 4Carefully add the eggs, and simmer covered for 3 minutes.
- 5Remove the eggs with a slotted spatula and place on the toast.
- 6Pour the catsup sauce over the eggs and top with the cheese.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hangover Poached Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 709.7
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 483.4 mg
- Sodium 1769.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 31.2 g