This is based on a recipe Cooking for 1, thought I would post as there has been queries again for recipes for 1 person. Please play around with this recipe as you could add finely grated veggies to the patty, use different sauces etc.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 sesame buns or 1 roll, split toasted and buttered
- 1 tablespoon grated tasty cheese
- 1 teaspoon tomato sauce or 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 slice cooked beetroot (optional but try it)
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 100 g ground beef
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, made from stale bread
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons tomato sauce or 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- To make patty, place beef, breadcrumbs, onion, herbs, egg yolk, tomato and soy sauces and black pepper in bowl and mix well to combine.
- Using wet hands shape mixture into a patty.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat, add patty and cook for 4-5 minutes each side to your liking.
- To assemble hamburger sprinkle bottom half of bun with cheese, then top with cooked patty, tomato sauce, beetroot, tomato, lettuce and top half of bun.
Since I cook for one or two, this recipe was perfect for me and my mother. I made one seving for the two of use to split with ground very lean turkey meat. I used sliced velveta cheese since thats what I had and opted out on the beets. This makes the perfect sized and falvored burger for one!
Latchy I wish I had made this burger while you were still with us so I could have told you how delicious it is. I used a spicy tomato sauce in the pattie and a piece of foccacia bread for the bun. I tried beetroot on the burger for the first time and it was very good - Next time I will use a slice or two of Pickled beets. Moist pattie that I pan fried - it held well together in the pan but I would be carefulwithit on a BBQ-unless it is an Aussie tyle BBQ with the metal plate. Burger was enjoyed and I sent a salute to you Latchy for posting it.
Well, you said to play around with this, so I did!!! It turned out great. I used ground turkey, but the rest of the ingredients were just as directed...except those beetroots....sorry, just can't go there!!!! I did use the cheese, but I put the grated cheese directly into the meat as I mixed it. That way is was all through the burger. Thanks for the great recipe.