Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
I grew up with this recipe. adding quick oats to the mix help keeps meat tender when cooked well done. burger cooks faster and gives a great texture.
- 18 ounces fresh black angus ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces quick oats, crumbled in hand
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 slices aged Vermont sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 kaiser rolls, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, texas sweet sliced
- 6 slices clausen pickles
- stone ground mustard
- heat grill or light charcoal.
- prepare hamburger meat by combining ground meat worcestershire sauce salt pepper and crumbled quick oats.
- make into 3 patties.
- place patties on grill until cooked through 7 minutes flip after 4 minutes.
- toast buns with cheese.
- assemble, add tomatoes, onion, 2 pickles and mustard.
- serve with cold beer.
Excellent recipe. I used liquid smoke in place of Worcestershire sauce and cooked them in a frying pan. These burgers were really juice and very easy to make. I'll definitely be saving this, so thanks for the post
MMMmmmm....Very good! We made this into 4 portions for our family. Even my 16-year old daughter couldn't mess these up...nice and moist. Thanks for a great new recipe!