Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This could be considered a hearty soup rather than a stew. Great way to use of leftover ham. Creamy cheesy good! Don't remember where the recipe came from, but it is delicious!
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced or cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring potato, carrots, and onion to a boil in 1 1/2 cups water.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Add peas and ham; return to a boil.
- Add soup and cheese.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until smooth and heated through.
This is a wonderful thick, creamy stew. Great for a chilly Fall day.
I really enjoyed this dish. I'm always looking for ways to use leftover ham after the holidays. I made it as written--just added a dash of pepper as I was stirring in the last ingredients. With a little salad and a crunchy piece of bread this is a hearty staisifying meal.
I've had this in my cookbook to save to try later. I needed a fast dinner tonight, happened to take out leftover ham. This is not only easy to prepare but absolutely delicious. I am so glad I tried this Thank you so much! I will definately be making this again.