Easy Creamy Pasta with Veggies
photo by Lori Mama
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups dry fusilli or 2 1/2 cups rotini pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) bag california-blend frozen vegetables (mixed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or your favourite creamed soup)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mustard (preferably dijon)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- salt and black pepper
- Note: 1 1/2 cups of both fresh broccoli florets and fresh cauliflower florets, as well as 1 cup of sliced fresh carrots, can be substituted for the frozen veggies.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions; add frozen veggies in with pasta during last five minutes of cooking.
- Drain pasta and veggies in colander.
- In the same pan, over low heat, whisk together soup, milk, parmesan, and mustard; add cream cheese and whisk frequently while cream cheese melts.
- Once mixture is smooth, add veggies and pasta into sauce.
- Heat until mixture is combined and warmed through, stirring frequently.
- Taste; add salt and pepper if desired; serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
If I was rating this based on taste alone it would be three stars, it was just very bland for our tastes, and I followed directions exactly. I think when I try this again I will add some more seasonings to spice it up a bit. However BIG five stars based on time and ease alone, this was just SUPER easy, and it made a nice filling meal for DH and I. Thanks for posting this really was a great idea.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been sharing recipes here at Recipezaar since October 2001. You won't see me around anymore, although if you're an old-school Zaarite you'll remember that in the past, you couldn't shut me up!