Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am fast becoming hooked on quichés and breakfast casseroles. My tastes have changed so much since becoming a member of recipezaar. Things I would never eat before I love now. I guess I just needed to try them.
- Mix ham, bell pepper, green onion, cheese and flour; toss all ingredients lightly.
- Mix half-and-half gently into eggs.
- Still gently; fold ham mixture into egg mixture.
- Pour this mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees, and then lower heat to 325 degrees and bake 20 minutes more or till done.
Simply fantastic.... a little note: As mentioned before, this does take a little longer then the stated time to solidify....I left it in for a whole 20mins more then called for time. But well worth the wait, it was delicious and my three young kids went back for seconds (rare!) and raved about how mom was the "best cook ever" :o) I didn't let them know it was a Zaar recipe!
This was wonderful. Very creamy. Very rich. I added a small jar of drained mushrooms, and as another reviewer had suggested, I only used 2 cups of Half and Half. I also sprinkled paprika on top before baking. I had to add 20 minutes to the final cooking time. I will definitely make this again and again.
It was delicious! It took more like 45 min. to bake.