Spinach Ham Quiche
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach (thaw, squeeze out excess water)
- 1 bunch green onions or 1 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place crust in pie dish. Pierce with crust with fork to prevent bubbles. PLace dish on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until crust is dry.
- Let cool.
- Whish together eggs and milk. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into crust. **.
- Sprinkle top with shredded cheese and top with tomatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Note : You may use 1 cup chives, chopped.
- **Extra egg mixture can be poured into ramekins and baked on cookie sheet with pie.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I loved the flavor of this quiche, and it was so pretty with the tomato slices on top. It was simple to make and relatively low fat (when compared to most quiche recipes). It was a little runny at first, but Kennasmommy had advised me to let it set before slicing. That did the trick. In the future, if I need to serve it right away, I would probably cut back a little on the milk, or use heavier cream to prevent that. Great choice for Pick A Chef Fall 2007.