Spinach and Ham Quiche
This is the first quiche I have ever made and it turned out really well. At least my guests thought so, who all went back for seconds. Mind you, they didn’t leave any for me!
- Ready In:
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry, to line a 9 inch quiche dish
- 3 shallots
- 3 slices ham (about 120g)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, loosely packed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (whatever type you like, I use cheddar)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Chop shallots and ham, and sauté in olive oil with garlic. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a bowl mix the flour with a little milk until a smooth paste forms. Add rest of milk, eggs, paprika, salt and pepper.
- To the milk mixture, add the sautéed shallots and ham, cheese and spinach. Mix well.
- Prick the base of the pastry with a fork and gently pour in the filling mixture. Spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If necessary, cover with foil for the last 10 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- Remove from oven and leave for 5 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I asked Siri to find a spinach and ham quiche recipe and this is the one she came up with! It was really good. Had to adjust the cooking time, though, even at 450 degrees F it wasn't quite done at the 30 minute mark. (to the person who put it at 350, 230 C works out roughly to 450 F!) More like 35-40 minutes cooking time. Had never used flour in a quiche recipe before but I used wondra for this recipe. The quiche had a really nice consistency.Reply
see 1 more