1/1 Photo of Ham Bone Vegetable Soup 1967
2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Dutch , german recipe...If I have left over ham meat, I will also add this when I add the cabbage...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large grated carrot, or small dice
- 1 meaty ham bone
- 8 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves, dried
- 3 quarts chicken stock (or water)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed into 3/4 inch
- 3 cups chopped cabbage (1 small head)
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram or 1 tablespoon oregano (1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (1 tsp dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (tabasco)
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1Heat oil and add onion, carrot, and bell pepper.
- 2Saute until soft and beginning to colour.
- 3Add ham bone, peppercorns, bay leaf and stock or water.
- 4Cover bring to a boil.
- 5Simmer one hour.
- 6Skim off foam.
- 7Add potatoes, cabbage, tomatoes, partially cover.
- 8Cook on simmer for one hour.
- 9Add herbs and sauce and simmer 15 minutes.
- 10Add the parsley last, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham Bone Vegetable Soup 1967
Serving Size: 1 (5351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.0
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 458.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: