Recipe by Tara
(I was given this recipe a few years ago). It is one everyone will ask for. I took it once to a Birthday Party and was asked for the recipe by at least 5 people including the host. These can be served for dinner on rice or taken to parties and kept warm in a crockpot until serving. They can also be made ahead of time and frozen.
Top Review by Z,G,L's mom
Tweaked the recipe a little. Didn't add green pepper or onions. Also used ground beef instead of ground pork. THese are really good! DH loved the sauce and wants me to serve it on chicken soon. Served over rice! Will make again!
- 1 lb ground ham (if needed you can get a ham steak or chunk at the deli counter to grind)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2⁄3 cup crushed cracker crumb
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 green pepper, very finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- (3 batches of sauce is best when filling a crockpot with a double batch of balls) Ham Balls: Mix all together, gradually adding milk at the end to moisten enough to form balls.
- Bake balls on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, drain fat and cool.
- Sauce: Mix togther, heat and simmer 10 minutes until well blended.