Top Review by Neil Baxter
When I decided to prepare this recipe, I didn't have time to marinate the halibut for an hour, so I baked the fish with the sauce over the top. This turned out absolutely fantastic! I recommend this alternative to the broiled method.
- 6 (4 ounce) halibut steaks or 6 (4 ounce) other fish steaks
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange fish in a large shallow baking dish.
- Combine orange juice and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour over fish steaks, cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once.
- Remove steaks from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Combine reserved marinade, olive oil and mustard in small saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add onion, capers and parsley and reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place halibut steaks on broiler pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and brush with sauce.
- Broil for 5 minutes.
- Turn, brush with sauce and broil an additional 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Spoon remaining sauce over fish or serve on the side.