Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe on the net per a recipe request. The instructions seem a bit backwards, pectin before sugar, but that's how I found it.
- Place juice and pectin in a large stainless steal pot and bring to a quick boil.
- Add sugar and bring back to a boil and boil hard for 1 minute,, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, skim, ladle into hot, clean jars and seal.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
- Guava juice-wash 2 quarts of guavas, remove blossom end and cut into slices.
- Add water to cover, bring to a boil, and boil gently for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a jelly bag.
- Reheat juice to boiling and pour into clean hot jars.