Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Remix of a Beef Noodle Paprikash recipe to reduce calories and such...
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 1⁄2 cups nonfat beef broth
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1. In dutch oven, saute onions & garlic. Add ground turkey and scramble until no longer pink.
- 2. Drain excess fat.
- 3. Stir in paprika and thyme.
- 4. Add broth and uncooked noodles, bring to a boil.
- 5. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6. Mix sour cream with flour then stir into noodle mixture.
- 7. Simmer for an additional 3 minutes, stirring until thickened.
- 8. Serve over steamed broccoli.
I toned down the spices to 2 tablespoons paprika and 3 cloves of garlic because the kids don't like spicy. We thought it was still spicy enough. I will make this again.
I enjoyed this Americanized version of paprikash. It's surprisingly spicy, which is great. I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and green beans instead of broccoli. I loved how easy it was to make- and all the ingredients are very cheap too.