Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is one of our family's favorites...fairly easy to make and very yummy! My husband, who won't normally eat leftovers actually hoards these leftovers (this makes a big batch) and will eat them for days in a row! :) This recipe also works great in a crockpot! Just brown the beef ahead of time, then throw everything together to simmer for the day!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots
- 2 cups potatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 cups water
- 2 -3 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon garlic (optional)
- Boil potatoes, corn, carrots and tomato paste in water.
- Add beef bouillon and garlic.
- Brown beef and onions, drain off fat.
- Add beef and onions to soup. Boil until vegetables are fully cooked.
Great recipe! Quick and easy, but the best part was that the family loved it!! I made the recipe as is and couldn't have asked for it to be any better!!
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written but mine didn't get as thick as the picture showed (which was what I was looking for). It still tasted good but we thought it needed more seasoning. I added salt and pepper.
Good recipe. I also added celery, cabbage, and peas. My husband love cabbage and celery in almost everything. I sometimes add rice as well.