Tim's Black Bean & Beef Soup
This is an easy to throw together crock pot recipe. The soup is spicy but not overpowering. Jalapenos can be substituted for the chiles to give the soup more of a kick. An all natural stock or broth is recommended as the base. Of course properly prepared dry beans make the dish all the better.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, grilled and cut into small pieces
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn
- 32 ounces beef stock (all natural)
- 1 medium onion white, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in 6 quart crock pot and stir.
- Simmer all day on low.
- All ingredients can be adjusted to taste as you cook and as room allows in pot.