Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Anyone having access to fresh tuna knows that canned stuff does not taste like tuna. This doesn't need to be chilled very long. Serve on greens, maybe a little chopped egg on top
- 2 (8 ounce) tuna steaks
- 3 medium new potatoes, unpeeled,boiled and cubed
- 1⁄2 lb cooked and blanched green beans (2 inch cuts)
- 1 small red onion, sliced into very thin rings
- 1 vine ripened tomatoes, 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Whisk together oil, liquids, and seasonings.
- In large bowl, pour over tomato, olives, beans, onion and potatoes.
- Grill tuna steaks (preferably over charcoal) until just barely pink in the middle.
- Gently break up with fingers and lightly toss with veggies.
Fabulous lunch salad! I added yellow tomatoes, avocado slices and two poached eggs, loved the dressing! The grilled tuna makes all the difference in the world, this will be made again many times!
Yum! The dressing for this salad is absolutely scrumptious! I made this a deconstructed salad rather than tossing it. Used asparagus instead of green beans, plus red onion, capers, kalamatas, potatoes, and tomatoes. For the tuna, we pan-seared a huge chunk of ahi and served it sliced over the salad. Excellent! Will definitely make this again!
I made this for lunch the other day and I cannot believe I forgot to take a photo!!!! Perhaps I did and forgot LOL. It was so pretty! Anyhoo, I left off the potatoes to decrease the carb count, but we certainly didn't miss them. I also found the dressing a little too thymey (if that's a word). Thanks for posting!