1/2 Photos of Grilled Shrimp With Mango Salsa
Great Food (01/07 issue) "O, The Oprah Magazine." Created by renowned Chef and author, Nina Simonds'. This dish is definitely one meant for company and a nice get-together. The platter of shrimp should be lined with bibb lettuce cups and basmati rice sprinkled into every cup with wedges of lemon. UPDATE: 07/24/2008 - I forgot to mention that any marindade that is used with fish, chicken, or steak should be thrown away after it has been used to marinate the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1MAKE THE SALSA:.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- 3Set aside, so they can marry.
- 4TO MAKE THE SHRIMP:.
- 5Rinse and drain shrimp; pat dry with paper towels.
- 6In a bowl, combine shrimp, soy sauce and orange juice.
- 7Let stand 10 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, prepare a grill, oiling the grill rack.
- 9Thread shrimp onto metal skewers (or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for about an hour).
- 10Brush with oil and grill over medium heat, regularly brushing with soy mixture, 3 to 4 minutes per side, until shrimp are cooked through.
- 11When finished grilling, remove from skewers and place on a serving platter.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp With Mango Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 259.2 mg
- Sodium 846.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 35.9 g