Recipe by yooper
I love potato salad and am constantly looking for new recipes that are a departure from the "norm". This one fits the bill. Summers almost here, fire up the grill!
Top Review by LAURIE
WOW...Over 100 degrees here so I wanted a no mayo potatoe salad. This is wonderful. I did the potatoes on my George Foreman grill, 20 minutes worked well and I lifted it up to be level so they wont slip out. I also doubled the dressing, had no cilantro so added a pinch of oregano, and a handful of snipped fresh chives, and to tone down the tartness of the dijon, added 2 TBS sugar. We love this, so diferent from the norm!!!TY Yooper!
- 4 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Throughly wash and clean the potatoes; halve or quarter them but don't cut them too small so they slip through the grill!
- In a large bowl, toss the potatochunks with half of the olive oil.
- Place on your grill (heat should be low to medium.) Cook for approximately 15 minutes, turning with tongs, until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from grill and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients except remaining olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add remaining olive oil and whisk to make a dressing.
- Add cooled potatoes; toss to mix.