Grilled German Potato Salad
The perfect side dish for grilled pork chops or ham. The foil seals in the flavors and can also be baked in the oven.
- Ready In:
- 5 medium potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green onion
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold salted water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until tender, peel and cube.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard and pepper.
- Add potatoes, bacon, celery and onion and toss thoroughly.
- Place mixture on a 18x13 inch piece of double thickness heavy duty aluminum foil and fold top and edges securely.
- Grill over medium hot coals, 20 minutes turning once.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We liked the flavor of this tater salad and have always loved the German type, but this was just a bit mushy after being first boiled in water, then grilled in foil. When I make it again, I will only par-boil the potatoes rather than cook til tender. I used FF mayo and lower fat bacon to save calories, but was still highly flavorful! Thanks Lorac!Reply
I made this for supper tonight, and due to rain I had to bake in the oven. We love German Potato Salad of any kind, and this did not disappoint us at all. It was fast, easy, and delicious. I baked at 350 F for about 20 minutes until heated through (it was still warm when I put in ito the oven). Thanks Lorac.Reply
see 2 more