Mom's German Potato Salad
photo by Bev I Am
- Ready In:
- 6 large red potatoes, cooked,peeled,and sliced
- 1⁄2 lb lean bacon
- 5 teaspoons dried onion
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a casserole dish, season with salt and pepper.
- Cut bacon into smallish pieces.
- Brown in a large skillet.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, and place on top of potatoes.
- DO NOT drain skillet!
- In skillet add the onion, vinegar, water, flour and sugar.
- Mix well, bring to a boil and stir until thickened.
- Place sauce mix over bacon and potatoes.
- Mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hi Michelle! This is a wonderful german potato salad. We loved it! I had some left over ham that needed to be used up and this was a perfect side dish to go with it. The vinegar, sugar, water and flour amounts were perfect for this dish. I have put this in my "keeper" notebook. Thank you for sharing and also thank your Mother!!!! :-)
see 6 more reviews