1/3 Photos of Grilled Pork Chops With Pineapple
I came across this recipe in Sunset Magazine (June 2005) while looking for interesting and a bit different summer grilling recipes. I think it will be delicious with a cold rice salad with cheesecake or ice cream sundaes for dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 12 ounces peeled and cored pineapple
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped, garnish
- lime wedge, garnish
- 1Whisk together first 8 ingredients (pineapple juice - dry mustard).
- 2Place pork chops in a marinating dish or zip lock plastic bag and add all (except for 1/4 cup) of the juice/spice mixture. Seal bag or cover dish turning to coat all. Marinate in refrigerator for several hours (at least 4).
- 3Cut pineapple into 1/2-inch thick slices. Peel onion and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place onion and pineapple in a dish and drizzle with remaining juice mixture, let stand 20 minutes at room temperature.
- 4Prepare grill.
- 5Discard marinade from chops.
- 6Lay chops, pineapple and onion on an oiled grill over a bed of hot coals (or high heat on a gas grill). Cook turning once until pineapple and onion are browned and pork is brown on outside and done on the inside (5-10 minutes).
- 7Transfer chops to plates and garnish with grilled pineapple and onion. Sprinkle with mint and garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pork Chops With Pineapple
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.2
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 1077.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili flakes