Big Fat Greek Salad With White Beans, Kalamata Olives and Feta
I prefer this meatless, but you may also add tuna if you want - either 2 well-drained cans or a seared tuna steak. From Shape Magazine (June 2005)
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, cut into 1 inch ribbons
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup herbed croutons
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, oregano, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add lettuce, carrots, cucumber, tomato, beans, and feta; toss.
- Either divide into 4 small bowls or keep in one large one.
- Top with olives and croutons.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
SUPER FABULOUS LIGHT SALAD!! Can I tell you that my DH and 2 and 4 year olds ate so much of this salad that they barely ate my dinner tonight???? True! I eyeballed the lettuce amount and followed the rest of the recipe to the letter. The dressing was deelish and the addition of white beans (I used great northern beans) was SUPER!!! VERY filling salad! Very flavorful salad! The feta and kalamata's just sent this over the top! Will definitely make this one regularly. Could eat this as a meal! Thank you for posting this wonderful salad!