My Big Fat Greek Salad
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, quartered and torn apart
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 red onions, halved, then sliced into petals
- 2 kirby cucumbers, halved lenghtwise, then thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 8 anchovies (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Put the lettuce in a large bowl. Add olives, feta, onions, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
- In small bowl, beat together olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Top with oregano, mint, and anchovies (if using).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hello from Portugal, I made this salad just as written, mind you I had one heck of a time trying to get the feta cheese...lol..but I got it. In your pictures it looks like you also added a little bit of watercress. Am I right or just seeing wrong???, Anyways it was just perfect. I'm a salad lover...lol..lol.. thanks for the lovely receipe!