Mediterranean Lima Beans
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen baby lima beans
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat; cook onions until soft, 3- 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in spices, tomatoes, and lima beans and cook for 10- 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My Goodness..this recipe was very good. I have acid reflux diseases and have been trying to get more fiber in my body.....I didn't want to season my lima beans with salt...so I use your recipe.<br/><br/>It was delicious. I have never used Cinnamon in a savory way since America usually uses cinnamon for sweet things. The cinnamon added a kick to the beans. I didn't use the tomatos and pepper flakes because that would only aggravate my ulcers.... Thank you so much for this recipe.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, where I work for an amazing non-profit organization, Sky Island Alliance. I have a very busy schedule, but I like to eat healthy, and cook as much as I can. My husband is a good sport about trying all pof my experiments. Lately it's been a lot of canning and fermenting.</p> 8724476"