Recipe by dianegrapegrower
Serve with plum sauce or a spicy-hot dipping sauce. Adapted from "Quick and Easy Chinese" by Nancie McDermott. (Prep time includes 30 minutes marinating time) Dried chili flakes are my addition.
Top Review by ATeenageChef
This was so tasty! I made these when a friend came over to visit. Unfortunately w only had cocktail shrimp, but they turned out really good anyway, they were just a little harder to grill properly. I doubled the amount of garlic I added, cause we just love garlic that much. My mom has already asked me to make them again soon. Thanks for sharing this treat with us!
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, tails on and peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except shrimp, in a medium bowl. Stir well to dissolve. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- Put 3-5 shrimp per skewer, depending on size. Grill on lightly oiled hot grill until done - approximately 2 minutes per side. Large shrimp may not require skewers and be placed individually on the grill.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve hot or warm.