Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is really good, a friend of mine from church made this for a pot luck and it disappeared!! Great for when you have left over grilled chicken!!
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 2 lbs thin-sliced chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mined fresh dill
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- Cook pasta following directions on box, drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat grill or broiler. Sprinkle chicken with lemon juice and grill or broil for about 2 minutes per side or until done. Set aside and let cool.
- When cool, cut chicken into bite-size pieces and mix with cooled pasta in a large bowl.
- Add peppers, onion, scallions and dill.
- In a medium bowl, whisk mayo, vinegar, honey, mustard, sugar, onion powder, parsley flakes, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Pour mayo mix over the pasta and chicken, toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- *You could add spinach, peas, broccoli or whatever veggies you wanted. Be creative!
I made this for DH & he hasn't stopped raving about it,He would rate this 10 stars if he could.