Curried Chicken Pasta Salad
photo by ThaGirl4Ya
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs skinless chicken breasts, bone in
- 6 ounces dry pasta
- 4 celery ribs, Thinly Sliced, Leaves Included (use Interior Ribs)
- 1⁄4 cup shallot (diced)
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin (or craisins)
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons curry powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a pot of water.
- Season chicken and add to water to boil for 20-25 minutes (until done).
- Remove chicken from water and set on a plate to cool.
- Add and cook pasta in chicken broth.
- Drain pasta when fully cooked.
- Separate chicken from the bone & Dice/shred chicken.
- In a bowl, Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy cream, curry powder, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Add chicken, drained pasta, sliced celery, raisins, shallots and almonds.
- Fold together with a rubber spatula.
- Make sure it's all combined, then add more of whatever it needs.
- Make sure the sweet/savory balance is right for you! (I like mine a little sweet.).
- Chill for several hours. Serve with juicy grapes on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!